Sunday, September 19, 2010

Withdrawal Update

I have posted previously about my withdrawal from the anti-depressant Effexor XR and the symptoms I was having.  I saw my family doctor on April 27th and discussed the withdrawal with him.  We decided I would go back on the lowest dose and take even longer to wean off of it.  At the time, we decided I would take 6 months, two months on that dose daily, then two months at every other day and finally two months at every third day.  I hated the idea of going back on it but I was having difficulty concentrating on my school projects so much so that I was late with a couple of projects.  I can’t have that and so here I am taking the Effexor XR again.

Once again I was amazed at how I felt so much better after only two doses.  This stuff is powerful and I really want to get rid of it so hopefully this time weaning off more slowly will work.

As of today I have decided to start the every other day dosing of the Effexor and see how it goes.  I’m hopeful that I won’t be able to tell a difference with this change.  Time will tell – tomorrow will be the first skipped day.  Prayer helps so I will accept all prayers that are offered up on my behalf.

Til next time!
Linda <3

No comments:

Post a Comment