Sunday, September 19, 2010

Unconditional Love - Part Two

Until my son fell in love, I never thought about how I would feel about his wife.  Would I grow to love her as I got to know her?  Would it take days, weeks, years?  I wasn't prepared for the answer.

You see it took only seconds.  Yes, only seconds!  As soon as I saw the first picture of them together, I knew Jacob was all in.  Of course, I had been talking to him and could hear the happiness in his voice but when I saw that same happiness in his eyes - I knew he had found the love of his life!  nothing could make a Mom happier and then I suddenly realized I loved her.

She and I had talked on the phone a couple of times but I can't say I knew her; I had met her only briefly once - how could I know her?  That is why I was surprised when I found myself loving her.  I suppose God made it that way - with unconditional love for families.

How far does this unconditional love go?  Is there anything that can cause that love to fade?  I truly believe there isn't anything she could say or do that would change how I feel.  God must have placed a component of forgiveness in that unconditional love, one that they don't have to ask for forgiveness nor do you have to say I forgive you.  Isn't that amazing!  I think so!  Isn't God amazing!

This unconditional love God gives us is different from salvation.  God loves all of us, that is why He sent His son to die on the cross (for our sins) and rose the third day but to get His gift of salvation, we must acknowledge we are sinners and accept God's gift of salvation - eternal life.  This too is amazing!  God is so awesome!

Thanks for reading!
Linda <3

No comments:

Post a Comment