Sunday, September 19, 2010

Saturday

Saturday was a good day.  We spent the afternoon with friends and their family celebrating the first birthday of their son.  It was very enjoyable.  We watched the children playing and the adults enjoying each other’s company, either talking or playing horseshoes or washers (if I didn’t have a bad knee, I would have tried this game).  We had met some members of the extended family previously but don’t really know them so didn’t do a lot of talking but we both enjoyed the time there.  Maybe part of that is because our son, daughter (-in-law) and grandson are so far away and we don’t have the opportunity to spend time fellowshipping with them.  This was like a surrogate family.  I particularly enjoyed watching the members of the family interact with each other; you could tell they really enjoyed spending time together.  Thanks again for inviting us to share in this special day.

After leaving the birthday party, we had some time to kill before the outdoor movie so decided to visit hubby’s Mom and sister – more family time!

Next we watched the movie “Fireproof” on an outdoor screen at a local ice cream place and yes we enjoyed some ice cream while watching the movie.  We had seen the movie before but were eager to see it again.  You can read what this movie is about here.

Spoiler alert!  I had forgotten that the Mom in the movie was the one who did the Love Dare and it made me realize something.  There are times when I think my husband should treat me better, I imagine I’m not the only one out there that feels that way!  But God used this movie to show me, I should not wait for that but rather I change my attitude and be the one doing the Love Dare!

Isn’t it amazing how and what God uses to teach us?!

Til next time!
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment