Sunday, September 19, 2010

Father’s Day Memories


One of my best father’s day memories doesn’t involve my father but by husband and son. 

It was June 16th 1991 and 2 days before I had a total abdominal hysterectomy for uterine cancer, so I spent Father’s Day in the hospital and was not able to plan anything special for hubby.  No worries because Jacob, at the age of 6, took matters into his own hands.  He planned a “party” for his dad with the help of his Grammy A.  He asked her to get some crackers and drinks and invited people to their place after church that night for a celebration.  If memory serves me correctly, they had pizza with the crackers.  The memory of this still brings tears to my eyes.

After the party they came up to the hospital to visit me; it was after visiting hours but at the time I worked there and was able to take a few liberties.

I would love to be able to do that with my grandson someday.

What is your favorite memory from Father’s Day?

Til next time,
Linda<3

No comments:

Post a Comment