Sunday, September 19, 2010

So Far, So Good!

Hi Everyone!  Sorry for the lack of posts recently; I have had to spend extra time on my schoolwork because of an inability to concentrate; more about that later.

In my last post, I told you that I was starting the every other day dosing of Effexor XR and I have.  It hasn’t been as bad as previously when I went off of it all together which I am grateful for.  It has been two weeks now and these are the symptoms I am having: 1. Inability to concentrate but not as severe, I just have to work a little harder at my schoolwork and take short frequent breaks. 2.  The knee/joint pains that I experienced before are present but once again, not as severe.  I am actually able to walk without my cane for short distances and not have pain in my knees, just a little discomfort.  I have also started doing some very simple exercise to strengthen my knees and as long as I only do them 3 times a week, the discomfort is tolerable.  3.  The emotional mood swings and crying are minimal compared to before.  I do find I am teary eyed at times; the irritability has not been present this time.

Overall I am pleased with how things are going, and am eager to get off the medication.  I don’t plan another decrease until I’ve been taking this dose for at least a month, that’s the plan right now anyway.  Thanks for the prayers that have gone up on my behalf; I appreciate each and every one of them.

Til next time!
Linda <3

No comments:

Post a Comment