Sunday, September 19, 2010

Family Reunion and Sleep

Last week I posted about how much I was sleeping but the past few days have seen a change in this.  Thursday night I slept 8 hours and felt fairly good upon rising for the day and was able to stay awake till about 10:45 pm then I dozed for 20 minutes and thankfully that was all because I had to go pick up hubby from work, he gets off at 11:30 pm.  I stayed up till about 1:00 am then fell asleep around 2.

Saturday we had a family reunion to attend; it was with my Dad’s family.  Most of them I only see once a year but last year our nephew got married on the same day as the reunion so it’s been two years.  These are my cousins whom I played with growing up and some are the ones I babysat for years.  Yes that means you Jeff and Sandy!

I got up at 9:00 am because I had to finish my food preparation.  It was good to see aunts, uncles, cousins, and their kids and grandkids.  There are so many little ones that I don’t know their names nor who they belong to but it was fun to watch them.  I even got to hold one of the three babies there and I thoroughly enjoyed that!  I’m glad we were able to go and have marked the date for next year already.

Back to my sleep situation; as soon as I got home, sat down in my comfy chair and relaxed I fell asleep, it was around 8:00 pm!  I kept trying to wake up because I had homework to do but I could not keep my eyes open.  Finally some time after midnight I got awake enough that I could get on the computer and complete my homework.  It had to be posted before 5:00 am EST in order to be considered on time and not have points deducted for being late.  I have been able to maintain an A average in all my classes so far and didn’t want to risk losing that.

I finally got to bed and to sleep around 4:00 am, the bad part was that meant I couldn’t wake up enough for getting to church this morning.  That frustrates me.  This hypothyroidism is the pits sometimes.  Or I just haven’t figured out how to make it work for me.  I guess I will have to keep working on that!

Til next time!
Linda <3

No comments:

Post a Comment