Sunday, September 19, 2010

Pray Without Ceasing


I’m having a rough day today.  Financial things are getting to me, even though I keep praying for God to help me.  It’s not His fault because I keep taking back the problems after giving them to Him.  Why is it that we do that?  I guess it’s part of human nature but it frustrates me also.  That is probably human nature too.

I pray asking for His help and guidance in what I should do.  Then in a little bit, I’m on line looking for work and it’s hard to know what isn’t a scam and that results in more frustration.  How do I get past this frustration?  I guess it means I need to be praying more.  I Thessalonians 5:17 tells us to “Pray without ceasing.”  that’s what I need to do and I really don’t know why it’s so hard.  Is it a lack of faith?  Anyone know?

God promises to help us and just wants us to ask for His help.  The Isaacs sing a song called “In God’s Hands” that speaks of placing our problems in His hands and He will take care of us.  I believe this and will continue praying and giving my problems to Him and each time I take it back, I will turn around and give it back to Him.

What is the thing that you give to God and then take back?  Let me know in the comments and I will pray for you too.

Til next time!
Linda <3

No comments:

Post a Comment