Sunday, September 19, 2010

Celebrating the 4th!

Saturday the hubby and I celebrated the 4th.  I guess that’s what you would call it.  We had a picnic at Shawnee Park.  Why I hesitate to call it a celebration is because it was just the 2 of us.  You see, this is the first time we haven’t been with at least some family for a picnic for the 4th of July…since we started dating 30 years ago.  Hubby’s aunt always had a picnic with lots of family until 3 years ago and we always looked forwards to going and getting to sit and talk with everyone.  The past two years we were with at least some family but not this year.

Is it a bad thing to have spent the day together – just the two of us?  No I’m not saying that, it was just different.  Of course, if we lived closer to our son, daughter-in-law, and grandson, I’m sure it would have been different, but we aren’t able to change that situation at this time and besides things are in God’s hands.
I don’t mean to sound a little day about it all; guess I’m just missing family.  The past few months I’ve wanted to reunite with family.  I think God has been speaking to me about the importance of family.  Unfortunately, due to my mental and physical health, our relationship with family has suffered somewhat.  Also as nieces and nephews grow, everyone seems to be busier.

We are living a somewhat simpler life these days and I like it.  It puts things in perspective and you really start to see that money and things aren’t important.  Love and family are!

Til next time!
Linda

PS Discussion:  What did you do to celebrate the 4th?

No comments:

Post a Comment