Sunday, September 19, 2010

Personal Health

In January 2009, I took a medical leave of absence from my job for health problems that I believed were related to stress.  Boy was I wrong!

At that time, I was experiencing heart palpitations and was extremely fatigued even though I was sleeping soundly aat night.  I would have to drag myself out of bed in the morning just to go to work.  Then I would find myself falling asleep at the computer in the afternoon.  I would be so tired that I literally would have to talk myself into leaving for the day because the idea of walking to the car was exhausting.  I was having some difficulty concentrating at times, along with trouble remembering things.  I blamed all these symptoms on work related stress.

I had been seeing a psychiatrist for a few months and now had a diagnosis of Adult Attention Deficit Disorder.  She felt the time off would help me adjust to medication and allow me to learn how to work with the ADD instead of it running me.  I was hopeful some time away from work would be beneficial, what I didn’t realize was just how long I wouldn’t be working.  The Lord had plans for me.

Thanks for stopping by!
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment