Sunday, September 19, 2010

Stewardship and gifts

I came across an article on stewardship while surfing the web one day and it really struck a chord with me.  I’m unable to remember where it was so please if it seems familiar to you let me know so I can give proper credit.

When I mention stewardship, most people think of tithing but it is actually more than that. It involves money but also material things and talents that God has given us.  One definition is “the conducting, supervising, or managing of something; especially, the careful and responsible management of something entrusted to one’s care.”  Who has entrusted us with the things we have whether it be money, a home, a car, or a talent?  All these things come from God.  He entrusts us with them and in turn we are to take care of them and use them for His honor and glory.

I have not been a good steward of the things God has given me for many years.  I am not proud of this and only share it because God has laid it upon my heart to do so.  During the past 16 months, I have had to rely on God for many things.  Oh in the past I would pray and trust Him and have even served Him but then that would slip to the wayside.  I have never given up on Him and He has never given up on me.  Like the parable of the prodigal son, he takes me back into the fold and not only that but rejoices that I have returned.  Oh praise His holy name for that!  During these months when I have not been working and therefore not bringing in any money, God had been good.

he has shown me how I wasted what He entrusted me with.  I am ashamed of that and am praying for His guidance in being a good steward of what he is now giving us.  We have less money, but my faith has grown and as they say that is priceless.  I still struggle but remember to pray and place it in His hands, sometimes I take it back and have to pray again giving it back to him over and over again.  He is faithful and waits for me to come to Him.  He wants us to depend on Him; He has promised to supply all our needs.  What a great God we serve!  Please pray with me as I work o this are of my life.  Thanks!

Til next time!
Linda <3

No comments:

Post a Comment